Thursday, June 30, 2011

Anthem

Almost Everything

Also, while I sit at home reading book after book, bearing the Chicago humidity for the sake of a tan, Jacob sends me poignant reminders of those I love and miss in Uganda. A video of my "family", whom I've mentioned frequently and with adoration in past posts:

Family

In order of appearance: Uncle (Fr. Charles' uncle; no one calls him by any other name, it may be Bonafest...), Winnie (my counterpart/bane/sister from Chicago/best friend), Kakulu Mukulu (Peter, whose house is a pile of bricks but whose humor and compassion are fully-manifested), Fred (Fr. Charles' Uncle), Sanyu (my dearest friend), Rosie (Fr. Charles' housegirl and my neighbor; she secretly waters my plants, leaves me food and washes my clothes. She's either really kind or thinks I'm incompetent, I'd say both), Somaya (my pseudo-daughter and playmate who won't leave my side), Robert (my brother and biggest helper), Muhumuza (my second brother and stubborn little punk), and finally Uncle (again!). Missing: Kakulu Muto (my youngest brother and monkey that refuses to leave my back unless it's to hold my hand as we walk along) and Brenda (Sanyu's younger sister and my accomplice in ganging up on Sanyu when doing almost anything).

Thank you for meeting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment